Attard Bro Group in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Health and Safety Executive
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Health and Safety Executive
consults the Production Plant and implements and maintains a safety, health management system. Administers safety and health programs for the Attard Bros Contracting. Inspects and evaluates the site, equipment, and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards. Establishes and maintains safety contingency plans, keeps up to date with newly issued legislation, and supports Production Plant in having all necessary permits.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Education and Licenses Required:
- To develop and monitor occupational health and safety policies, programs, and procedures for the plant.
- Assist the company in complying with current health and safety legislation and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of workers;
- Assists the Health safety and security Manager in the development of the organization and individual goals;
- Increase health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization;
- Increase HS awareness through Bulletins ( safety behavior and culture improvement);
- Investigate and report on all serious/critical personal injury accidents occurring to the appropriate senior management, and to assist in the investigation of all accidents/incidents that result in substantial damage;
- Investigate and report on complaints of hazardous working conditions too, Health safety security manager, Head of Production and/or Head of HR;
- Conduct, as necessary, the safety inspections;
- Ensure Emergency response plan is current and all the training, drills, etc. have been conducted;
- To coordinate with HR the training of personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, workplace inspections, and other matters related to implementing safety procedures;
- Ensure First Responder Team is trained and in place;
- Compile a monthly report indicating the statistics, trends, safety management inspections, regulatory actions to be taken, and risk assessment activities to be done;
- Monitoring activities such as signal installation, service, and recharge of fire extinguishers, maintenance of first aid boxes, inspection, and certification of equipment and machinery on construction sites;
- Make proposals for continuous improvement to mitigate unsafe working conditions;
- Lead safety committee.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- To be in possession of a qualification at MQF Level 5 or higher such as bachelor's in occupational health and safety.
- A clean Police Conduct Certificate;
- Valid driving licenses;
- On-the-job training is acquired on the Plant.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualities, Tools, and Equipment used in this position:
- This role involves working mainly on Attard Bros Construction sites and carrying out random inspections;
- Work is on a full-time basis, from Monday to Friday. The job might involve evenings and weekend work in cases of spot checks, serious incidents, accidents, or emergencies.
The Health and Safety Officer is expected to have:
Attard Bro Group:
- Knowledge of relevant government rules, regulations, law, and legislation related to one’s field of work;
- Knowledge of how to develop hygiene and safety programs;
- Knowledge of when to investigate cases and activities;
- Knowledge of procedures involved in issuing permits and/or licences (where applicable);
- The ability to prepare the required paperwork such as reports and procedural documents;
- An understanding of expected levels of quality assurance;
- Research skills including the ability to collate and analyse data and statistics;
- Investigative skills;
- Persuasion and negotiation skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Written and verbal communication skills in Maltese and/or English;
- IT skills;
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Time management skills;
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- A calm attitude;
- A methodical approach;
- Attention to detail;
Established in 1977, Attard Bros. Group (ABG) is a General Civil Engineering and Building Contractor. The Group employs over 270 workers and turnover exceeds €23 million. ABG operates from its industrial complex at Ta’ Qali where its administrative offices, technical offices, stores and production plants are located. It has 45,000 square meters of factory space. The Group consists of five registered subsidiaries; Attard Bluemix Ltd, Attard Concrete Systems Ltd, Cementstone Manufacturing Co. Ltd, Eurocraft Ltd, and Attard Developments Ltd.