Job Vacancy: Head within Data Management and Business Intelligence within the data management and BI team.
About Data Management and Business Intelligence:
The Data Management and Business Intelligence function are responsible to assist and support management and other operational employees make better and more informed business decisions. The function will aid to cut costs, identify new business opportunities, and spot inefficient business processes.
The selected candidate shall report to the Chief Operational Officer and shall be responsible for aligning and driving the Data Management and Business Intelligence strategy.
- Drives data governance, data quality management & integrity, and information architecture across the whole organisation working closely with business stakeholders, process owners and the IT team;
- Manages a team of data professionals to provide integrated data architecture, consistent data delivery of master and reference data, and a robust data governance program with data quality monitoring and operations;
- Chairs a cross-functional Data Governance Committee whose purpose is to establish clear data definitions, develop comprehensive policies, oversee documentation by which business units collect, steward, disseminate, and integrate data on behalf of the organization for a sustainable data ecosystem;
- Drives Business Intelligence, Big Data, and Predictive analytics integration across the complete supervisory cycle leveraging state-of-the-art tools and methodologies;
- Responsible for the organisation’s Management Information landscape to provide metrics, reports, dashboards and analysis needed to drive the business;
- Responsible for the operations1 and management of the organization’s supervisory cycle management system through which supervisory data is collected, validated, processed and distributed according to regulatory frameworks, standards and policies.
Other important information:
- We are looking for candidates with an academic background in Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics or similar at MQF level 6;
- Design and validation of all data forms and files collected from Applications and Licence Holders, supervisory business process orchestration through the supervisory platform workflow engine, reporting;
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong leadership skills, professional integrity and accountability with the ability to foster and manage relationships with a number of stakeholders. They would have strong technical competence in the fields of Enterprise data warehousing, data mining, data visualization and predictive analytics with experience in a management position leading and mentoring employees in relevant fields of data warehousing, business intelligence, data mining and analytics;
- They will also display exceptional attention to detail and can work systematically to solve complex operational problems regarding data management in a dynamic, fast-changing environment;
- Familiarity with Fintech and a Post Graduate Degree in Business Management, Data Management or Business Intelligence & Analytics considered an asset.
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.