An exciting opportunity for a Head of Customer Advisory & Compliance within the Banking Industry.
The Head of Customer Advisory & Compliance shall report to the Chief Officer and will have a direct report of around thirty individuals at different levels.
- Setting up and evaluating the Anti Financial Crime Services processes, policies and procedures.
- Supporting the other departments by providing advice in relation to the evaluation and implementation of relevant Anti-Money Laundering processes.
- Acting as a direct interface with the Bank's second line of defense on policy issues.
- Developing and maintaining internal Anti-Financial Crime procedures in line with external regulation, internal policies and its relationship with its valued clients.
- On-boarding of new clients that are in line with the business's risk appetite.
- Assessment of risk tolerances and monitoring.
- Identification and mitigation of risk.
- Establishing early warning systems for breaches of the bank's risk parameters.
- Managing the Customer Advisory & Compliance team members as well as other team members at different levels.
- Keeping abreast with local and international AML and CFT laws and regulations and ensuring that all unit members are updated with such information.
- Responsible for management and coordination of operations across the unit, by investigating operational needs and problems and opportunities and contributing to operational improvements across the Group.
- Responsible for the monitoring of financial matters as well as setting budgets for the unit.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years banking experience within an Anti-Money Laundering or Compliance related position
- A minimum of a Degree (MQF level 6) of higher in any of the following: Banking, Finance, Accountancy, Law or other Risk Managements related area.
- Excellent managerial and team development skills
- Highly analytical
- Excellent communication skills in both Maltese and English