Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa Malta is looking to recruit a Head Concierge
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will oversee and direct the concierge team, doormen and porters while ensuring that guest needs are met to the high standard required by the company and expectations are exceeded. To ensure that the standards of the division meet and exceed the quality standards set.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in achieving the goals and targets set in budgets by maximising RevPAR / Occupancy / Average Room Rate, by maintaining as well by building on the reputation of the hotel and by ensuring that business objectives are accomplished;
- Ensures that concierge, doormen and porters are correctly staffed and trained with a suitable team for their function, and to ensure that these team members can perform their duties to the standard required by the hotel and the company;
- Prepares monthly reports on sales/expenses i.e. taxi company, newspaper order, excursions, valet parking;
- Maintains the security of the hotel, safety of staff and guests and safe cash handling practices;
- Attends to any guest comments brought to their attention either directly or through the Rooms Division Manager, General Manager or other Planning Committee Member or Head of Department and to deal with these efficiently and courteously;
- Greet and maintain an excellent working relationship with guests/clients and colleagues;
- Entertain existing and potential guests/clients;
- Ensure regular inspections of the public areas are carried out and that defects are reported and rectified;
- Ensure all guest deliveries are delivered within Corinthia Hotel standards and logged accordingly;
- Ensures the management of guest luggage (arrival/departure and storage) is recorded with the appropriate labelling;
- Ensure that the third-party taxi company stocks the vehicle according to Corinthia Hotel standards and branding. At the same time cars need to be clean at all times;
- Ensure that daily operation check-lists are completed and assist the team when necessary;
- Ensure that all arriving VIP guests are contacted prior to arrival to offer assistance, ascertain service preferences and confirm transport and arrival arrangements;
- Logs all operational incidents that may affect the business or have an impact on guest services in the Duty Manager’s Logbook and ensure appropriate follow up to all incidents;
- Promote the services and facilities available to guests within the hotel and the Corinthia Hotel Group;
- Adopt a sales attitude at all times, passing on sales leads for follow up by the Sales and Marketing team in order to maximise room sales and revenue;
- Experience of efficient and smooth management of a 5-star concierge team including all aspects of management, finance and administration;
- Ability to make a fast-paced and demanding role appear seamless;
- Excellent working knowledge of Opera;
- Comfortable with the occasional physical nature of the job;
- Comfortable with the unsociable hours that the job demands;
- Comfortable that the hours required to work will be arranged as shift work in accordance with demand.
Member of Les Clefs d’Or essential.
Corinthia is a collection of hotels founded by the Pisani family of Malta in 1962. We are a family-inspired business, whose timeless family values underpin the Spirit of Corinthia. We like to treat and look after guests as if we were welcoming them back home. We also support and positively encourage one another so that our hotel teams around the world enjoy their work in an inspired yet warmly-spirited fashion. As a hotel business, we focus on giving honest, discreet service. We see ourselves as leading craftsmen in the world of hospitality, valuing authenticity, passion, precision and understanding in all we do. Each of the hotels and resorts we have created, in some of the most exciting places in the world, is a tribute to local architecture and cultural traditions. As the founding property of Corinthia Hotels, Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa is packed with elegance and luxury and is located near San Anton gardens.