InterContinental Malta is looking to recruit a Guest Relations Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in you. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Front Office Manager and within the limits of established IHG And InterContinental Malta policies and procedures, oversees and directs all aspects of the Guest Relations Department:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures a consistent, passionate and on-brand service experience for all our guests;
- Ensures the seamless coordination of all rooms division departments throughout the guest journey;
- Delivers our Guest Service promises and our Employee promises;
- Achieves the financial goals of the organization;
- Ensures a team orientated, professional, and learning working environment.
- Monitors Front Office team members to ensure IHG members, known repeat guests and other VIP’s receive special attention and recognition as per Company/Hotel standards;
- Identifies training needs, develops formal training plans and implements training sessions in conjunction with the Learning and Development Manager.
- Generates regular reports pertaining to the Guest Relations Department as required by Management;
- To keep close contact with guests for feedback, complaints and compliments for relevant follow-up and action;
- To ensure that all guest complaints and requests are handled promptly, resolved effectively, to ensure repeat business and open and clear communication with all concerned;
- Informs other operating Departments, notably Food and Beverage, Maintenance, Housekeeping and Front Office of guest relations matters, which concern them;
- Communicates to the Hotel and General Manager all information such as the expected arrival and departure of VIP’s, all other pertinent information and in particular any guest dissatisfaction as well as solutions found and actions taken;
- Ensures all VIP’s and Ambassador Guests are escorted upon arrival and departure;
- Takes responsibility and full ownership of the Heartbeat Winning Metric Target and maintains awareness throughout the Team;
- Promotes Priority Club and Ambassador Enrolments in line with Regional Targets;
- Ensures that the guest history files and profiles are updated on a daily basis;
- On top of Social media feedback and is responsible to answer guests back in a timely manner, whether being Trip Advisor, booking.com or Medallia which is the feedback site for our members;
- Ensuring all complaints generated from IHG global through WebGuru are answered with 72 hours.
- Schedules and regularly conducts routine inspections of areas under his/her control. Monitors and controls the inventories for operating equipment and supplies;
- Ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner and that billing instructions are in compliance with the hotel credit policy.
Situated in the exclusive beachside resort of St Julian's, InterContinental Malta is just seven kilometres from Valletta, Malta's capital city, and within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping and entertainment locations. Unwind by our lagoon styled outdoor pool, or simply enjoy a day at our private sandy beach.
- The successful candidate will have a recognized higher education qualification, equivalent to a Diploma in Hotel Management/Operations from a Hotel Management School, plus 3 years of Front Office experience ideally with an international hotel brand, as well as experience leading a team of others;
- Knowledge of Opera is highly regarded.