SASMAR Pharmaceuticals in Malta is looking to recruit a Group Financial Controller
to join their team to leading the way in consumer healthcare on a full-time basis. The Group Financial Controller
is a global role responsible for the financial control of the companies within the Sasmar group. To be successful you should be experienced in the areas of Accounting, Controlling, Business Management and Finance and... think outside of the box. You have a keen eye that is able to keep sight of the big picture while maintaining accuracy, timely filings and organisation.
What you will do:
You will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company.
You will need:
- Responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, deal analysis and negotiations.
- You will prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Reporting directly to the CFO, you will analyze the business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses.
- Manage accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage the day to day operations of the department.
- Proven working experience as a Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of procurement and financial information
- Proven ability to comply with internal policies, procedures, regulations and statutes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, French is an advantage
- Experience using an ERP system.
This position is available at our new Headquarters in Malta.
SASMAR is a privately held and rapidly growing multi-national pharmaceutical company driven by the goal of delivering high-quality products that benefit the lives of consumers, globally. We offer realistic opportunities for career advancement and value employees as part of the family. At SASMAR we offer our employees more than a job – where you will be able to make a difference. Given the freedom to expand, develop and achieve within an environment that is goal focused.