The stylish luxury hotel, Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay is looking to recruit an ambitious, determined and highly motivated General Cashier
to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, a challenging opportunity has arisen, for those who would like to advance their career within the Finance Department.
The candidate will be responsible for:
The ideal candidate will:
- Collecting and counting the contents of all cashiers’ envelopes daily;
- Preparing bank deposits for the daily takings, both for Front Desk and Outlets;
- Compiling and postings of journals for daily takings, credit cards and other related entries;
- Reimbursing cashiers for due backs;
- Providing all cashiers with adequate change;
- Performing monthly spot check on all floats;
- Handling of petty cash payments and cash advances;
- Preparing any ad hoc reconciliations and reports when required.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Cashiering within a 4-5 star hotel;
- Have a good command of the English language;
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Possess strong knowledge and work experience of hotel systems i.e. (Sun, Opera, Micros), Excel, Word etc;
- Be accurate and detail oriented;
- Be well-groomed and maintain a professional appearance.
Corinthia is a collection of hotels founded by the Pisani family of Malta in 1962. We are a family-inspired business, whose timeless family values underpin the Spirit of Corinthia. We like to treat and look after guests as if we were welcoming them back home. We also support and positively encourage one another so that our hotel teams around the world enjoy their work in an inspired yet warmly-spirited fashion. As a hotel business, we focus on giving honest, discreet service. We see ourselves as leading craftsmen in the world of hospitality, valuing authenticity, passion, precision and understanding in all we do. Each of the hotels and resorts we have created, in some of the most exciting places in the world, is a tribute to local architecture and cultural traditions.
- Welcoming and fun environment;
- Meals on duty;
- Health insurance cover;
- Interesting career opportunity and professional growth.