Maltco Lotteries Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Gaming Machines' Operations Executive to join their team on a full-time basis.
As Maltco Lotteries Gaming Machines Operations Executive, you will work closely with Maltco Top Management to deliver quantitative & qualitative analysis of games KPIs, optimise the Gaming Machines and Point of Sales Game mix, monitor player activity to ensure internal policies and processes are being upheld, and ensure that top management has sufficient, accurate and timely information in order to make business decisions.
- Daily analysing of the gaming machines performance data in relation to the company’s KPIs;
- Generating and providing reports and activity updates to senior management and the relevant authorities;
- Identification of strategic gaps in the games’ portfolio and game mix optimization;
- Collaboration with other internal stakeholders to monitor the efficiency operations, minimize risk and ensure regulatory compliance;
- Assisting the Gaming Machines day-to-day operations, including liaising with EGM and System providers;
- Coordinate with internal resources as well as 3rd party subcontractors and partners, to ensure the successful implementation, operation, and continuity of the project.
The ideal candidate for the above position should:
- Have 2-3 years’ experience in Video Lotteries Gaming Machines analysis, operation, and/or management;
- Be naturally inquisitive, analytical, and able to highlight risks based on findings;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in Maltese and English;
- Have the ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines together with good organisational skills with a customer-centric approach;
- Have the ability to work well within a team;
- Possess a clean police conduct;
- A degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science, will be considered as an asset.
What we offer:
Maltco Lotteries Ltd:
- An attractive remuneration package to reflect one’s experience;
- Great team environment;
- Annual performance evaluation;
- Opportunities for personal and career development;
- Company and team events;
- Private Health Insurance.
MALTCO LOTTERIES, a modern and dynamic company established in 2003, holds the latest Licence and Concession to operate the National Lottery of Malta awarded in 2012. MALTCO LOTTERIES provides high-quality, innovative and entertaining games (including lotteries, sports-betting, fast games and instant games) under the auspices of the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA). Players can enjoy a friendly, secure and fun environment in the Maltco Points of Sale, participating in their favourite games, assisted by the well-trained in high client service Maltco Lotteries Agents. MALTCO LOTTERIES has invested in the state-of-the-art gaming technology and services of INTRALOT; guaranteeing security, trustworthiness, transparency and superior gaming experience. Certified in Responsible Gaming, ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and Security Control Standard (WLA SCS) by the European Lotteries and the World Lottery Association, Maltco Lotteries ensures the safest gaming environment through its Agents’ retail network, the largest one in Malta and Gozo, maintaining the leading position in the market. MALTCO LOTTERIES, has and exceptional track record in Corporate Social Responsibility, with continuous support to the Governmental Good Causes Fund and numerous Maltese charitable causes alongside the sponsoring of the local sports and athletes, sustaining the Maltese Society, Culture and Well-being. MALTCO LOTTERIES promote an environment and culture that supports, challenges, and develops our people. We aim to attract, reward and retain employees who share our positive attitude. We are currently around 70 employees based in Malta. We motivate our people through recognition programs, career development opportunities, and employee surveys, as well as corporate events. MALTCO LOTTERIES is also a subsidiary of the Intralot Group! MALTCO LOTTERIES shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.