Binary Europe Ltd in Malta is seeking to recruit a driven, proactive, and highly-experienced Senior Back-End Developer
to join their team
on a full-time basis.
You will write robust, high-quality, and production-ready code that powers our websites and applications. Your work will directly influence the core architecture that drives our high-traffic binary options trading website.
Binary Europe Ltd holds a gaming service license in Malta that operates via the award-winning platform, Binary.com.
Launched in 2000, Binary.com is one of the oldest and most respected names in the industry. The Binary.com platform allows you to trade synthetic indices, currencies, stocks, indices, and commodities.
Binary.com is a vibrant and progressive company that blends the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with the profitability and stability of a long-running business.
Our company is built on a culture that fosters teamwork, individuality, and creativity.
We care deeply about cultural and gender diversity. We go to great lengths to foster a supportive, caring environment within a flat organisational structure.
We value staff with a sense of fun and adventure, who are optimistic, and customer focused.
Above all, you must agree with our strong emphasis on business integrity.
Skills and Motivations:
We are looking for someone who loves to:
- You have exceptional programming skills and extensive experience with relational databases;
- You love developing websites and applications, and you enjoy working with databases, servers, and APIs;
- You are smart, self-motivated, and proactive;
- You thrive in a dynamic work environment and approach even the smallest task with an open mind;
- Most importantly, you seek open and honest communication.
You should be technically strong, and proficient in the following
- Test and fix things, especially when it involves working with data;
- Optimise web applications and infrastructure for maximum speed and scalability;
- Do great work, and inspires people around them to do the same;
- Work with highly talented people in an exciting, multinational environment;
- Get things done in a no-nonsense manner;
- Work without bureaucracy and hierarchy;
- Have the latest tools and technologies at their disposal;
- Learn and improve, day in and day out.
- Experience with languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, C/C++, Go, or Ruby, and a willingness to become highly proficient with Perl;
- Expertise in Linux system administration;
- Experience with relational database design, and/or open-source RDBMS systems such as MySQL and PostgreSQL;
- Ability to produce high-quality, self-documenting code by using test-driven development (TDD) techniques;
- Passion for Linux and other open-source platforms.
Binary.com’s IT team is responsible for the design, development, and operation of our high- traffic networks. As our Senior Back-End Developer, you will be taking on the challenge of writing robust, high-quality, and production-ready code. Your work will greatly contribute to the architecture that drives our high-traffic binary options trading website.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Develop and maintain world-class web applications;
- Build, maintain, and optimise the technology that powers our servers, applications, and databases;
- Work closely with other teams to come up with effective architecture to support the deployment of new products and features;
- Troubleshoot and debug problems in existing applications, and find new ways to improve their speed, functionality, and scalability;
- Participate in all aspects of the product lifecycle.
- This position includes a market-based salary, annual performance bonus, and health benefits;
- You will receive travel and internet allowances, and enjoy a casual dress code and flexible hours.
- We will also assist you with your work permit or EU Blue Card, and relocation for your family.
- This role is based at our headquarters in Birkirkara.
Read more about us: careers.binary.com