AX The Palace in Malta is looking to recruit a Front Office Shift Leader to join their team on a full-time basis.
This role requires a person with an outgoing personality, who is capable of taking initiative, has leadership skills, good communication skills and must show dedication towards the job. The selected candidate is also responsible of putting guest care as a priority, with every effort, should be made to meet guests’ needs with all comments/complaints being actioned to a high degree of efficiency.
- Comply with all systems and procedures as laid down by the Front Office Manager
- Ensure that all hand-over procedures are carried out efficiently between shift leaders and/or; day/night Front Office Agents during shift change and that they carry out the daily briefings
- Compile the departmental work schedules and assist the Front Office Manager in the daily running of the department
- Maximize room sales and all other hotel revenue
- Attend daily briefings and other meetings as required
- Ensure that correct postings of bills and record backups are maintained
- Be familiar with all Sales Promotions and promote in-house activities in all areas ensuring staff is briefed on all activities
- Train, support and assist all the Front Office staff by having a hands-on approach
- Assist in training of all Front Office staff
- Co-operate with team members/supervisors from all other departments, in particular Housekeeping, Food and Beverage Room Service, Maintenance and Front Office.
- A good standard of education
- Fluency in English and another European language are an asset
- Has strong leadership skills
- Be computer literate
- Has experience working in the Opera Hotel System
- Has a minimum of 2 years working experience in Front of House operations
- Able to take decisions when not supervised
- Be flexible in working hours.