AX Seashells Resort At Suncrest in Malta is looking to recruit a Front Office Agent to join their team on a full-time basis.
To offer our guests a friendly and efficient service at all times, taking account of the established service standard and Management guidelines.
- To know the standards and put them into practice in his/her daily work, thus actively pursuing the hotel’s objectives.
- To be alert on check in's and to explain outlets and upsell.
- To become familiar with all work sequences within the Front Office Department.
- To have a clear knowledge of all room types and room information.
- To be available for guests at all times as a point of contact and responsible for appropriate treatment of guest complaints, passing on and documenting such complaints.
- To maintain regular contact with in-house guests.
- To contact guests upon check-in and ensure their satisfaction – action any feedback in the correct way and as per standards required.
- To have knowledge of all equipment and installations on the lobby, and be able to work independently in conformity with the established standard and take over shifts if necessary.
- To handle cash, provide a good filing system and maintain the accurate end of shift hand over.
- To know all tasks pertaining to telephone answering (acceptance and passing on of telephone calls, faxes, messages, etc).
- To check billing instructions and guest credit for accuracy.
- To maintain the supplies and appearance of the reception area in line with standards.
- To accept and pass on requests of guests to the corresponding departments.
- To co-operate with team members/supervisors from all other departments, in particular Housekeeping, Food and Beverage Room Service and Maintenance.
- To be familiar with all in house activities and promotions and selling these to our guests and other clients.
- The employee is also expected to perform any duties as per operations requirements as instructed by the Front Office Manager.
- A good standard of education;
- Be computer literate;
- Fluency in English; another European language(s) will be considered as an advantage;
- Has experience working with a hotel system; knowledge of Opera will be considered as an advantage;
- Has previous working experience in Front of House operations, such as Check-in Check-out;
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and take decisions when not supervised;
- Willing and able to work flexible hours including day/night shift, weekends and holidays;
- Team player and takes initiative.
*Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV together with a covering letter.
AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest:
Our hotel Seashells Resort at Suncrest has been a leading 4-star hotel on the Maltese Islands since its very first days and has kept its tradition of hospitality within the AX group throughout the years. We decided that it was time to give the Qawra hotel a face-lift so during the winter months the hotel underwent an extensive renovation programme. Its doors re-opened again on the 1st of April 2015. The new face of the Seashells Resort at Suncrest, your number one resort for the individual, corporate and family travel.