Hammett's Macina Restaurant, Malta is looking to recruit a Food & Beverage Events Operations Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. Take on a taste of history in your next role and work within a tentative UNESCO world heritage site. Be part of a multi-award winning restaurant group and a world luxury award nominee.
The Food & Beverage Events Operations Manager
will be responsible for the smooth running and overall success of events taking place at this iconic site while maintaining the company standards in respect of quality, quantity and service. You will be carrying out preparation for upcoming events and ensuring employees and agency requirements are booked in advance. You will be also responsible for motivation, training, developing and managing our events team in order to ensure consistency of brand standards and a high level of performance and service delivery.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assist the Sales department with show rounds, customer queries and meetings
- Responsible for the overseeing and managing of the food and beverage team for all aspects of recruitment, training, rostering, event planning, implementation and post-event duties
- Ordering and controlling of beverage stock including outsourced equipment
- The Processing of payments and event billing
- Coordinates with other department heads to ensure company policies and guest expectations are being met.
Food & Beverage Events Operations Manager's Requirements:
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations and preparation
- Leadership skills to motivate and manage a large group of team members
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written / interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest complains and team member disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Hammett's Macina Restaurant:
Unimaginable history seeps from the MaÄ‹ina’s ancient walls. Built almost half a millennium ago by the Knights of Saint John, the MaÄ‹ina has been a landmark for centuries, now hosting Hammett’s MaÄ‹ina Restaurant. Drawing on this history, the gastronomical concept is a take on the islands’ succession of powers with a modern representation of traditional Mediterranean culinary influences that date back to the Phoenician times. Like the Maltese language itself, the menu is a taste of history derived from the island’s Mediterranean-Semitic roots, with a contemporary twist, created using only the finest local, seasonal produce. The menu is constructed by a multi-award winning team, previously of the Villa Brasserie in St. Julian’s, led by talented Chef de Cuisine Andrea Marchetti, and directed by 21-time award winning Chef and restauranteur Chris Hammett.
- A strong grasp of the English Language. Maltese is not a requirement but will be looked upon favourably
- Vast knowledge of events, current trends and event planning
- Experience in Banqueting
- Experience in a bar and restaurant environment
- Proficient user of Computers and able to use Microsoft office
- Minimum two years proved managerial experience in the same/similar role
- Only EU nationals or candidates with work permits to work in Malta need apply.