Air X Charter Limited is a leading private jet chartering company headquartered in Malta. Due to their continuous growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Flight Dispatcher & OCC Officer
to join their team within their Operations department.
The role of this position is to assist in planning flight routes, taking into account aircraft performance and loading, en route weather restrictions, and airport conditions, and responsible for arranging all handling on an aircraft parking spot, coordinates passenger, cargo and fuel loading as well as taking care of all handling and permits.
- Exercising operational control within safe efficient planning and monitoring of a flight;
- Studying aircraft performance and limitations and make decisions on flight acceptance;
- Providing day-to-day administrative, functional and technical direction to the Flight Dispatch and Load Planning;
- Analyzing operational conditions and identify any opportunities that may constrain impede, or benefit operational capabilities inclusive of, but not limited to weather, facilities, Air Traffic Control, and aircraft performance;
- Arranging various services for the flights in the airports of operation, this includes handling services, slots and permits;
- Scheduling the Fleet respecting the crew duty times and best cost-efficient policy;
- Performing Operational Flight Watch and for determining if changes to operational and meteorological conditions may affect the safety of flights within a prescribed area or on assigned routes, and for communicating those changes to the Pilot-in-Command;
- To provide the Pilot-in-Command with a thorough and professional flight crew briefing, covering all significant information which may impact the operation of his flight;
- Initiating ERP, and assessing and issuing Flight Incident Category Reports, as required, inclusive of the corporate notification process and maintaining a written log during the incident;
- Resolving with CAMO, the pilot-in-command, Ground Operations Management and Pilots as required, problems caused by any aircraft deviation from the standard which may limit or impact flight operational capabilities, and to communicate any operational limitations as required;
- Liaising with the Ground Operations Duty Manager, for the purposes of maintaining dispatch standard operating procedures and all applicable sections of the Company Operations Manual;
- Running Reports and statistics relate to Operational matters as required by the management.
Why should you join us?
- Good skills with a minimum of 3 years in flight dispatch experience and Ground Operations;
- Flight Dispatch course is a must;
- Experience in wide-body aircraft and long-haul flights;
- Experience in aircraft W&B and performance software such as Flysmart, APG, and GURU2;
- Good communication skills in both English and preferably knowledge of additional languages;
- Relevant qualifications and demonstrated knowledge and experience as Flight Despatcher in the airline and/or corporate and VIP operations;
- Experience in handling IT applications;
- Be knowledgeable about the legal and contractual obligations of the position and also keep abreast of changes thereto;
- Be knowledgeable in EASA regulations and content of the AirX Operations Manuals;
- Eligible to live and work in the EU.
AirX Charter Ltd:
The AirX journey started in 2010. Our ambition was to build a diverse fleet of aircraft which can cater to many private and business needs. Today’s AirX fleet ranges from a Citation X to an A340 which is the largest VIP business aircraft in the world and which has 100 lie-flat seats. The newest member of our family is a Lineage 1000 which can carry up to 19 people and which has a truly astounding range. We expect to add further exciting aircraft very soon. The AirX family extends to the great people within the business. Within our Malta, USA, UK and German offices the AirX family combine years of aviation knowledge and experience, working together to tailor each flight, creating a bespoke and unique travel experience that exceeds our client’s expectations. All of the departments across our business from our Flight Operations Team to our Aircraft Maintenance Teamwork as one team and each and every person is passionate about providing a great flying experience to our customers. We have exciting plans for the future, extending the range of aircraft in our fleet so that we can provide more choices to our customers. The past 10 years have been fun and the next 10 years will be exciting.
- A competitive salary package together with other benefits;
- Training and professional development;
- A challenging and dynamic work environment.