Alberta in Malta is looking to recruit a Fire Protection Design Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis.
Knowledge, skill, and abilities:
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply fire protection engineering principals and practices;
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, model codes, regulations, and standards;
- Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work;
- Develop and review specifications, including design criteria;
- Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting;
- Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve moderately complex engineering problems;
- Analyse and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organisation and/or project objectives and guidelines.
Basic Job Requirements:
Alberta exudes passion and continually strives to assist people within its field of competence – fire and security. The company’s hallmark has always been one of excellence, with an unerring and consistent benchmark. Whilst continually striving to get things done properly and with due diligence, client safety and security always comes first. Alberta designs and provides the protection which clients require and feels privileged to have played a key role in offering security to clients’ families, homes and businesses in Malta and internationally.
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in the engineering field of study and eight (8) years of work-related experience;
- Knowledge of extracting BOM from working drawings is considered an asset and preference will be given to candidates having knowledge of hydraulic calculations. Our team uses Tyco SprinkCalc and in-house training will be provided.