Alberta in Malta is looking to recruit a Fire Extinguisher Technician to join their team on a full-time basis.
To be able to do preventive maintenance on Fire Extinguisher and Suppression systems, complete jobs according to the company’s standards within the agreed timeframes and to help diagnose and repair faults which may arise on all installations carried out within both customers and company premises.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Do Preventive maintenance and repairs on fire Extinguishers:
- Inspect, repair, and test fire extinguishers using hand tools, hydrostatic test equipment, and monitoring devices;
- Hydro-test high pressure cylinders;
- Dismantle extinguishers and examine mechanical parts, extinguishing agents, and expelling means; replaces worn or damaged parts;
- Clean extinguishers and recharge them with approved materials;
- Inspect, test, and repair systems such as smoke detectors, sprinklers, dry standpipe systems, and pull systems;
- Assist in fire safety inspection;
- Working conditions include restricted movement, air contamination, lifting or carrying of heavy objects;
- Working in a workshop for refill and testing.
- Skill in inspection, repair, maintenance and testing techniques for fire safety equipment and systems;
- Fire extinguisher maintenance certification be considered an asset (in house training will be given);
- High-pressure hydro-testing certification be considered an asset (in house training will be given);
- Experience in fire suppression would be considered an asset (in house training will be given);
- Ability to lift 25Kgs;
- Valid driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract (C license would be considered an asset);
- Competent computer skills;
- Strong customer relations skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to apprehend and produce a proper interpretation of site plans, drawings, and designs;
- Capability to handle power tools, to follow basic technical instructions.
Alberta exudes passion and continually strives to assist people within its field of competence – fire, and security. The company’s hallmark has always been one of excellence, with an unerring and consistent benchmark. Whilst continually striving to get things done properly and with due diligence, client safety and security always comes first. Alberta designs and provides the protection which clients require and feels privileged to have played a key role in offering security to clients’ families, homes and businesses in Malta and internationally.
- Requires extreme attention to detail;
- Demonstrates confidence in his abilities and be hands-on;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Exhibit and practice good communication skills with clients, colleagues and superiors and system suppliers at all times;
- Show respect, courtesy, and a positive attitude whilst taking all care for the preservation of client and company property.