Our Client is seeking to recruit a Fintech Lawyer. As a Fintech Lawyer, you will be required to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Virtual Financial Assets Act, the Rule Book and related legislation.
- Act as one of the Designated Persons and form part of the Board of Administrators as mandated by the Legislation;
- Carry out appropriate legal research in areas including but not limited to Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and Fintech Legislation in Malta and other Comparative Jurisdictions;
- Handle, manage and administer applications from Initial Virtual Financial Assets Offerings (IVAOs) in accordance with Article 7 of the VFA Act;
- Handle, manage and administer application from VFA Service Provider in accordance with the licensing regime stipulated under the VFA Act;
- Handle, manage and administer applications from Security Token Offerings and other forms of Financial Instruments under the MIFID2 Directive, the Investment Services Act, the Financial Markets Act and other relevant legislation;
- Handle, manage and administer applications for service providers to apply for a license for a regulated market, an organised trading facility (OTF) and/or a Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF).
- Provide a leading role in the undertaking of the Financial Instrument Test as may be required on specific instruments as mandated by Clients;
- Drafting of Legal Opinions on related matters to the Financial Services and Fintech Legislation;
- Provide Legal and Compliance Support to the CSP Team as may be required;
- Drafting of Legal Contracts on behalf of the Firm;
- Manage and perform other legal tasks as directed from time to time;
- Actively promote the Fintech Activities of the Company with members of the local and international community;
- Participate in international conferences and exhibitions with a view to generating the necessary networks and connections required to generate the business;
- Actively deliver presentations and speeches in local and international conferences and exhibitions with a view to attract interest in Malta as a Fintech Base and to promote the Company as the VFA Agent of Choice;
- Actively participate in international panels and debates on Fintech related subjects;
- Provide technical input and support to the BEAT Business Development Team with a view to promoting the Fintech Services being provided;
- Lead and participate in the preparation of relevant letters of engagement in relation to the Company's Fintech Services;
- Liaise with clients and prospects seeking clarifications on a number of matters in relation to documentation submitted to the authorities and proposals for services to be rendered;
- Maintain high-quality standards and professional care at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Doctorate in Laws from the University of Malta and/or an equivalent University;
- A Masters Degree in Financial Services from the University of Malta or an equivalent qualification providing evidence of knowledge of General Financial Services Law;
- Successfully passed the examination organised by the IFSP for candidates to become VFA Agents;
- A general exposition and interest in Blockchain, Fintech and Cryptocurrencies;
- Capability to work and deliver successfully on multiple initiatives simultaneously;
- Versatile and multi-disciplinary in nature and capable of handling a diverse range of initiatives requiring different capabilities and skill;
- Highly creative, innovative and engages frequently on out of the box thinking;
- Highly organised and structured in approach and willing to adapt rendering a multi-skilled, flexible and cross-functional capability across various projects;
- High achiever and results oriented;
- Good report writing, presentation and communication skills with a sound working knowledge of at least three languages (preferably: Maltese, English and Italian);
- A team player and is comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
Our client is a highly innovative, emerging player in the business consultancy sector, offering an array of bespoke business solutions to a portfolio of international corporate companies.