Deriv (Europe) Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Financial Market Analyst
to join their team on a full-time basis.
We develop the underlying risk and pricing models that drive our products and enable customers to trade on our platforms. We are central to the profitability and success of the company. We track the company’s performance, mitigate risk, and provide useful, actionable insights that help us develop solid business strategies.
As a Financial Market Analyst
at Deriv.com, you will manage the day-to-day risk of our trading books, conduct complex quantitative analysis, carry out performance testing, develop advanced data analytics tools, and support other related operations that have a direct impact on the profitability and future growth of our company. This includes decisions on new markets to launch in, and the spreads and margins we might offer. You must also be able to analyse and interpret large volumes of data and communicate your research and findings in a clear and concise manner.
What you’ll do:
What you have:
- Create mathematical/statistical models for pricing, analyse fat tails to assess margin requirements, and manage the risk for exotic options, forex, and CFDs;
- Create data analytics tools for trading and quantitative analysis;
- Conduct performance testing, including backtesting, stress testing analysis, and benchmarking;
- Develop risk management models and algorithms, using MATLAB, Python, R, or C++;
- Manage the day-to-day risk of our trading books;
- Set up liquidity connections via bridges and gateways for MT4 and MT5 brokers;
- Conduct research on competitors and industry trends to identify new products and potential markets;
- Develop mathematical/statistical models for pricing and risk management for all products;
- Use advanced data analytics skills to study trends and patterns in financial markets;
- Help with developing advanced risk management tools for various markets (forex, equities, commodities).
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports;
- Generate periodic and special reports on client trading activity and significant trends that impact client behavior.
What’s good to have:
- Degree in applied mathematics, statistics, or a related field;
- Three or more years of experience in quantitative model development and quantitative research;
- Experience in mathematical finance, preferably in forex spot trading or exotic options pricing, volatility forecasts, high-frequency trading, and the analysis of market inefficiencies;
- Good grasp of advanced risk management concepts, such as hedging, Greeks (first and second generations), and Value at Risk models;
- Experience in using financial information sources, such as Bloomberg and Reuters;
- Proficiency in a programming language, such as Perl, Python, or R;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate your findings in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
What we’ll give you:
- An advanced university degree in physics, financial engineering, or mathematics;
- Hands-on experience in data science and predictive modeling.
Deriv (Europe) Ltd:
Founded in 1999, Deriv.com (formerly Binary.com) is a pioneer in online trading. We enable our customers to trade on the world’s financial markets. Focused on customer-centric solutions, we aspire to be the world’s leading online trading service provider. A career at Deriv.com offers you the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing organisation that’s at the cutting edge of online trading technology.
- Growth-inducing challenges;
- Productive work atmosphere;
- Cooperation, support, and empowerment;
- Career progression opportunities;
- Market-based salary;
- Annual performance bonus;
- Health benefits;
- Casual dress code;
- Travel and internet allowances.