As a German Due Diligence Officer / Compliance, you will report to the EDD Team Leader acts as part of a Due Diligence team to ensure adherence to remote gambling licensing objectives and Know Your Customer (KYC) obligations.
- Be responsible for maintaining AML processes, including enhanced due diligence and customer VIP profiling, assessing (and validating as appropriate) level and source of funds/wealth.
- Responsible for adhering to Safer Gambling policies and processes including making assessments on how, and when, to interact with customers including recording, and reviewing all contact made with rationales.
- Contact customers, where appropriate to ascertain affordability, verify the source of funds/wealth and request further information and documentation.
- Ensure that all incoming queries are dealt with accurately and in a timely manner.
- Working closely with the AML Manager to ensure a consistent approach in work practices.
- Communicate with other teams and departments to handle various projects as required
- Liaising with DMLRO/MLRO to ensure any suspicious activity is highlighted for investigation
Experience & Qualifications
- Hold a Native level of German
- Solid previous experience in online gaming experience within CS/VIP or Compliance departments.
- Understanding GB and MGA licensing objectives
- Demonstrates ability to monitor, report on, and make recommendations on players based on set criteria, thresholds and triggers.
- An inquisitive mind able to use common sense to ask the right questions when assessing customers’ behaviour and documentation
- Strong communication skills, and ability to influence all levels to ensure the Compliance department always operates within a compliant framework
- Be comfortable using a range of software programmes including MS Office.
- Be extremely well-organised individual, able to prioritise, multi-task and deliver tasks to deadlines.
- Confident telephone manner with the ability to communicate with customers in a clear and positive way.