Job Vacancy: Senior Financial Analyst within Insurance & Pensions Supervision
Job code: IPS/045/2020
About Insurance & Pensions Supervision:
Insurance and Pensions Supervision is responsible for the supervision of insurance companies, insurance intermediaries, retirement schemes, retirement funds, and retirement service providers. The team employs professionals with a varied background and comprises skills related to insurance, pensions, accounting, legal, quantitative analysis, actuarial skills, compliance, and others.
The eventual appointee will be joining the Finance team in the analysis of information required for regulatory purposes. Reporting into the Deputy Head- Finance within the Insurance and Pensions Supervision, the individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Undertake analytical duties related to compliance by licence holders in line with their statutory obligations emanating from their operating licences;
- Perform financial review checks including second review checks of analytical work done;
- Carry out on-going off-site surveillance on licence holders;
- Identify financial risks and monitor the level of compliance with applicable regulatory standards by licence holders;
- Lead on-site compliance visits of licence holders;
- Contribute to develop and enhance procedures;
- Act as a reference to other staff members and will be also required to involve himself/herself in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that arise from time to time;
- Report on the outcome of the different assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
How to apply or query further information:
- We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in Accountancy;
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognized professional qualification at a comparable level;
- The applicant is also to possess a minimum of five (5) years working in the area of finance preferably insurance finance;
- Candidates with audit experience and additional qualifications relevant to the role will be preferred.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta), and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Reference: 277/2020
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange, and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.