Job Vacancy: Analyst within Insurance & Pensions Supervision
Job code: IPS/044/2020
About Insurance & Pensions Supervision:
Insurance and Pensions Supervision is responsible for the supervision of insurance companies, insurance intermediaries, retirement schemes, retirement funds and retirement service providers. The team employs professionals with a varied background and comprises skills in relation to insurance, pensions, accounting, legal, quantitative analysis, actuarial skills, compliance and others.
Reporting to the Senior Manager within Insurance and Pensions Supervision, the role will require the successful candidate to assist the team and participate in on-site and off-site supervision, in order to assess prudential and conduct supervision of licence holders.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Assisting in dealing with queries from authorised persons relating to supervision;
- Preparing and assessing analytical reports and to effectively communicate findings to relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinating and cooperating with other supervisory functions within the MFSA;
- Involved in analyses on licence holders which may result in enforcement action being taken;
- Identifying breaches and/or wrongdoing;
- Contributing towards any ‘ad hoc’ assignments relating to specific regulatory and supervisory issues as and when required;
- Undertaking any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of the team;
- Undertake analytical duties related to compliance by licence holders in line with their statutory obligations emanating from their operating licences;
- Actively participate in on-site compliance visits and ongoing off-site surveillance of licence holders.
Skills and abilities required:
- We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in Insurance or Law or a comparable recognised qualification in financial services. The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level. The applicant should also ideally possess a minimum of three (3) years working in a related area, ideally in the financial services sector.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least five (5) years of relevant experience in a similar area, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
How to apply or query further information:
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to listen actively and to work under their own initiative when required;
- Strong research skills, well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- A high degree of self-confidence;
- Able to communicate effectively, professionally and concisely in writing, face-to-face and over the telephone with internal and external customers;
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic approach to work;
- Continues to seek ways of innovating and improving quality and efficiencies in processes and procedures;
- IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Reference No: 234/2020
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.