Langham Hall Fund Management LLP in Malta is looking to recruit an Analyst
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyst position supporting MiFID services for a portfolio of real estate and private equity focussed clients;
- Client relationship management including ongoing multi-channel communication such as face-to-face, telephone and email;
- Involvement in the maintenance of policies and procedures to be used in the day-to-day operations of the business;
- Take control of the client take-on process and client risk assessments;
- Ensure that all permanent files are adequately maintained for all customers;
- Ongoing monitoring, review and oversight of all MIFID regulated activities (investment advisory and financial promotion) - ensuring controls and procedures are adequate and are being adhered to;
- Completion of all relevant forms and liaison with the Malta Financial Services Authority (“MFSA”);
- Sensitive conversations with our clients will be led by the Manager and/or directors and may need to be documented by the Analyst who will be required to develop an intimate knowledge of our clients' businesses;
- Delivering work to the expected standard and timeframes.
*In addition to the duties listed above, the candidate may be requested to perform other ad hoc administrative work from time to time.
Technical Knowledge/Skills Required/Qualifications:
- An academic or employment-based background in financial/MiFID services is advantageous but not essential;
- Experience working within a MiFID firm providing investment advice is preferred;
- Previous approval by the MFSA to occupy a similar position is advantageous but not required;
- An understanding of the principles of control frameworks and risk management processes;
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from within the team and from clients;
- Excellent attention to detail and an inquisitive mind-set;
- Ability to think laterally about the practical application of the MFSA rules and regulations;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence;
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation;
- The individual must have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills;
- Strong numeracy and written communication skills;
- Strong MS Office skills;
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Excellent career progression prospects.
Langham Hall Fund Management LLP:
Langham Hall is a leading multi-national fund administrator and AIFMD services provider founded in the U.K., with offices in Europe, the U.S. and Asia. Our clients include both well-known international fund management groups and medium-sized fund managers. Langham Hall Malta will be the eighth country of operations for the group, currently with in excess of 450 personnel across the globe. Langham Hall is privately owned, entrepreneurial with a strong ethos for apprenticing and training our staff.