Michael Debono Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Consumer Finance Senior Executive (Maltese Speaking)
to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. The chosen candidate will report to the Financial Controls Manager with a dotted line to the Chief Operations Officer
The company today operates one of Malta’s largest automotive dealerships. It represents more than 9 OEM brands. First and foremost, of these is Toyota – which was the first OEM brand we started to build a relationship with way back in 1960 when we imported the first Toyota vehicle to Europe. The company employs more than 130 multi-disciplined employees. The product offering is composed of passenger and commercial vehicles, motorbikes, vehicle parts and accessories, and after-sales services. The company also offers consumers a range of consumer finance solutions to fund the acquisition of their vehicles. Moving forward the company is looking to enhance the mobility experience for each and every customer by delivering great products that are customizable, affordable, comfortable, and environment-friendly. We aim to support our customers both through their personal and professional needs.
MDL is part of the Debono Group, a multifaceted group of companies with a keen focus on the mobility sector. The company aims to deliver business growth by tapping into innovation that really impacts the lives of consumers.
- Supervising the Consumer Finance Team;
- Supporting sales in closing consumer finance deals;
- Understanding and recommending financing approvals depending on credit risks;
- Supervising the issue and settlement of bills of exchange process;
- Ensuring debt collection with respect to HP Debtors in a timely manner;
- Providing consumer finance-related reporting to management;
- Liaising with internal departments and financial institutions.
Day to Day Duties Include:
- Day to day management of the team including solving day to day issues within pre-set SLAs;
- Proactive liaison with third party financial institutions to ensure that finance deals are approved and to set a plan to mitigate potential finance-related risk to both third parties and the company;
- Actively contributing to the company’s strong efforts towards cash collection;
- Following third party and internal financing processes;
- Producing management reporting.
- Experience in a finance or accounts role at an executive level;
- A level standard of education and analytical skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Knowledge of Office 365 especially Excel, ideally at Advanced level;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Effective leadership skills;
- Strong commercial acumen;
- Be fluent in English and Maltese.
*Interested applicants are to send their CV. Applications shall be acknowledged after the closing date.
Michael Debono Ltd:
Established in 1960, Michael Debono Ltd is Malta's exclusive representative of the world's leading car manufacturer, Toyota. From day one, since distributing the first Toyota in Europe, our foremost objective has been to offer complete customer satisfaction to all our customers. This has enabled us to build strong relationships and a loyal database of valued customers, supporting our rapid expansion over the years, where we have extended our range of aftersales facilities to meet our all of our customers’ auto-related needs. Specialities: Toyota Cars, Quality Used Cars, Genuine Car Parts, Body Repairs and Servicing.