Our client, a well-established company within the insurance industry is seeking a Junior Internal Auditor to be responsible to perform professional audit work in line with the International Standards of Internal Auditing and the Internal Audit Charter
- You will be responsible for assisting with the Internal Audit Plan and assisting in the compilation of the internal audit work program and developing the internal audit scope;
- Perform internal audit procedures and work within set time frames and maintaining adequate documentation;
- Examining the efficiency and effectiveness of Group operations including non-financial cycles;
- Assisting in preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed;
- Assisting in performing follow-ups on the status of outstanding recommendations;;
- Other related duties as assigned to support the work of the Internal Audit Unit.
Experience & Qualifications
- You will hold a University Degree in business administration, accountancy, finance, management, economics or equivalent.
- Previous experience in accounting, mathematical or statistical fields preferably within the financial services industry.
- Be professional, assertive, innovative, creative and must possess good oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills;
- Able to work on own initiative, handle unrelated, non-routine jobs and must be IT literate;
- Think objectively, strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity.
- You will have an excellent command of English both written and spoken
- Candidates with languages of Maltese/ Spanish/Portuguese will be considered an asset
The chosen candidate will also benefit from work-life balance and Life / Health Insurance