One of our clients in Malta is looking to recruit an Anti-Money Laundering Officer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Ensuring that company is compliant with AML/CFT relevant legislation and guidance issued by the Competent Authorities and the implementation of internal AML/CFT policies & procedures;
- Receiving and assessing transactions referred by staff and internal reports of potentially suspicious transactions;
- Submission of a Suspicious Transaction Report (STR) to the FIAU;
- Acting as company’s sole liaison with any relevant supervisory, judicial and law enforcement authorities in relation to AML/CFT matters;
- Liaising with other Units on AML/CFT & Sanctions related issues;
- Responding (within the timeframes established at law) to requests from the Competent Authorities (e.g. FIAU, Police) for information related to AML/CFT;
- Monitoring and implementing internationally imposed sanctions;
- Carrying out of mandatory Customer Risk Assessment Reviews and AML/CFT Business Risk Assessments;
- Ensure that staff receive training on an on-going basis;
- Creation of AML/CFT, Sanctions functionality in new IT Core System.
- Degree in Insurance Accountancy, Economics, Mathematics, Banking, or related discipline or equivalent professional qualification;
- Possession of an AML/CFT related qualification will be considered an asset;
- 2+ years experience in a similar role;
- Proficient in writing policies, procedures and training material;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English;
- Any level of Maltese would be considered an asset.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Analytical, problem-solver with a can-do attitude;
- Able to multi-task under tight deadline;
- Team player with interpersonal skills.