Our client in the Automotive industry in Malta is looking to recruit a Financial Controller to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Ensure that accounting, budgeting and financial reporting policies, procedures and systems satisfy the needs of the Company, external auditors and government agencies, and initiating change or enhancement in such policies, procedures and systems where necessary;
- Ensure the delivery of integrity, timeliness and accuracy in controls and reports;
- Interpret monthly financial statements, predicting short- and long-term capital requirements, negotiating loans with banks, compiling feasibility studies, internal controls and measuring the company's performance against financial plans;
- Develop key performance indicators and financial metrics to manage the business better, to reflect and support the current scale and future growth of the company, as well as supplementing highly effective budgeting and strategic planning process;
- Responsible for internal control and financial analysis and reporting including monthly, quarterly and year-end statement; tax-compliance reporting:
- Plan, supervise and ensure that auditing of various companies takes place;
- Manage corporate financing, project evaluation, investments, acquisitions, foreign investment and special projects;
- Assist in tendering evaluations, planning, budgeting and financial schedules;
- Identify E.U. / National Grants that our business may benefit from;
- Assist in IT system updating and continuous improvement.
- ACCA Certification or equivalent (University degree in Accountancy or equivalent);
- 3+ years experience in a similar role;
- Experience in the audit would be an asset;
- Sound knowledge of accounting packages;
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English & Maltese.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Analytical mind with a can-do attitude and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Work independently and also as part of a team.