One of our clients, a leader in the Management and Consultancy industry in Malta, is seeking to recruit a Compliance Executive to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Managing Director.
- Monitoring of regulatory developments both at the EU and local level and interpreting new regulations that are applicable in the funds and investment services industry;
- Conducting site reviews;
- Identifying and assessing compliance risks;
- Development of an annual compliance monitoring plan for the clients;
- Identifying any internal deficiencies and weaknesses and recommending actions to be taken to address accordingly which need to be followed up in a timely manner;
- Ensuring that the onsite compliance reviews are carried out according to plan;
- Drafting of policies and procedures for the clients;
- Identify and propose IT systems and operational processed for the clients as part of their mitigation efforts to reduce compliance risk;
- Liaising and assisting clients on an ongoing basis.
- Minimum MQF Level 6 qualification in law, finance, compliance, or equivalent. Degree in law will be considered an asset;
- 2+ years of previous local experience within the financial services industry;
- Have a good understanding of the current laws, rules, regulations and directives impacting funds and investment services;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Strong analytical and time management skills;
- Good leadership skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure, with minimum supervision;
- Computer literate, especially with the use of Microsoft Office Package;
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail.