One of our clients, a leader within the insurance services industry in Malta, is seeking to recruit a Chief Audit Officer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Lead and coordinate the internal audit services with the aim of ensuring the information provided by the organisation meets with compliances;
- Define and execute the Internal Audit Plan of the Company; establishing objectives and deadlines, as well as the teams responsible for its implementation,
- Assess the reliability and integrity of the accounting and financial information prepared by the Operating Unit and/or Division, as well as the validity, adequacy and application of the accounting and operational principles, promoting that they are effectively controlled;
- Direct the preparation of audit reports and the monitoring of action plans, ensuring compliance with the rules and standards in force, in order to duly inform the General Management of any deficiencies detected and make recommendations to resolve them;
- Promote an appropriate organisation of the human and material resources in the area, and lead and coordinate the employees under their direction, encouraging the development of actions that help integrate, develop and disseminate the unit’s strategy and policies across all levels, while providing a suitable work environment with a focus on innovation, growth and profitability.
- Degree qualification in Accounts;
- Certified Public Accountant preferably with a background of the Insurance Industry;
- Knowledge of technical and regulatory issues and accounting specifics to the insurance sector would be an asset.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Excellent oral and written communication in both Maltese and English;
- Any level of Spanish would be an asset;
- Problem-solver with a can-do attitude and decision-maker;
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Applications).