Job vacancy: Senior Manager (Business Intelligence and Analytics) within the Data Management
Job code: DM/003/19
About Data Management:
The Data Management and Business Intelligence function is responsible for assisting and supporting management and other operational employees make better and more informed business decisions. The function will aid to cut costs, identify new business opportunities, and spot inefficient business processes.
Reporting directly to the Head of the function, within this role you will be responsible for assisting with the alignment of the Data Management and Business Intelligence strategy. Some of the main duties you will be carrying out include:
- Managing a team of data warehousing and business intelligence specialists responsible for designing, developing, deploying, documenting, maintaining and supporting MFSA’s data warehouse and BI layer;
- Developing, extending and maintaining dimensional database schemas, and developing, implementing and maintaining extract-transform-load (ETL) processes, ensuring that data integrity standards are met;
- Creating and maintaining analytics datasets which are sourced from different systems and be mainly accountable for data integrity, data inventory and quality across systems;
- Creating, publishing and maintaining data dictionaries and metadata;
- Using data visualisation and advanced analytics for identifying patterns, complex relationships and trends in ongoing Due Dilligence Intelligence, using internal and external data to assess risk profiles in a real-time manner to support the supervisory teams’ operations;
- Collaborating with stakeholders at all levels across the MFSA to identify how advanced analytics and automated operational reporting could support their key business decisions and impact revenue / reduce costs;
- Providing Business Intelligence as a service to internal MFSA teams, particularly supervisory functions and staff providing research, consultation, ad hoc reporting, and troubleshooting as required;
- Working in close collaboration with IT professionals in other functions responsible for underlying computer storage and network infrastructure, middleware, security, administration of other Information Systems, and systems integration;
- Providing coaching and mentorship to more junior members of staff on all aspects of analytics from business context to technical coaching.
- Within this role you will need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, information science, data forensics or similar at MQF Level 6 together with at least 2 years' experience in people management and leadership position, having direct or indirect people responsibility;
- You will also have had a minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing an Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environment, and 3+ years’ experience with SQL as well as BI visualisation tools;
- Working experience with Enterprise Data Warehousing and visualisation tools using Microsoft technologies will be considered an asset.
How to apply:
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Meticulous, detail-oriented and systematic in handling complex data environments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to effectively analyse, evaluate and resolve problems;
- Proven people leadership and mentoring skills;
- A positive customer-oriented delivery approach with a commitment to delivering to strict timelines.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.