Compre Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Risk & Compliance Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis.
To help achieve their vision of being a leading European legacy specialist company that continues to expand its risk carrier portfolio in actively seeking opportunities across Europe with further acquisitions of companies and/or portfolios. The role will involve both Risk Management and Compliance activities for the Group and the insurance entities within the Group. The ideal candidate is expected to have a good understanding of the Solvency II rules and regulations and a good understanding of risk management activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the Compliance Department with the implementation of the Compliance Plans
- Keeping abreast with all regulatory developments and preparing assessments for review by the Head of Group Risk & Compliance on any changes in the legal and regulatory environment
- Monitoring and reviewing the System of Governance of the Group and the risk carriers within the Group
- Reviewing on an ongoing basis the policies and procedures within the Group and making recommendations for improvement
- Assisting the risk management function in the identification, measurement, management, monitoring, and reporting of risks
- Assisting the Head of Group Risk & Compliance in the preparation of Risk Management and Compliance Reports
- Developing and delivering training programs on Risk Management and Compliance
- Dealing with Compliance inquiries from staff and external parties.
- A least 2 years working experience in a similar role in the insurance industry
- A graduate level of education in insurance, compliance or risk management
- Proficiency in MS Office products.
As a Risk & Compliance Officer, you would be expected to have the following skills:
Compre is a leading European legacy specialist with over 30 years of experience in the acquisition and management of insurance and reinsurance companies and portfolios in run-off. Compre is a European business with operations in Finland, Germany, Switzerland, UK, and Malta.
- Good command of the English language
- Excellent work management skills: time and workload management, self-starter, productivity-focused, ability to take and execute instructions and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills: excellent telephone manner, active listener, purposeful communication, confident interaction and ability to work within a team
- Mobility to travel occasionally to other locations.