Closing Date: 29/06/19
Malta Financial Services Authority is looking to recruit a Senior Analyst (Fintech)
to join their team on a full-time basis.
About Strategy Policy and Innovation:
The FinTech and Innovation function, set up within the Strategy, Policy and Innovation Directorate, is tasked with the promotion of FinTech and innovation within the domestic financial services sector. The Function is responsible for the setting up and maintenance of the MFSA's innovation hub and regulatory sandbox. It is also tasked with the authorisation and supervision of licence holders under the Virtual Financial Assets Act and provides support to other Units within the Authority with respect to the various applications of FinTech in the 'traditional' financial services sector.
As Senior Analyst in Grade 6, the eventual appointee will:
- Process applications/appointments/amendments to licences under the proposed Virtual Financial Assets Act;
- Monitor deadlines in the processing of applications;
- Participation and co-ordination of application meetings;
- Eventually, undertake off and on-site supervision of licence holders authorised under the proposed Virtual Financial Assets Act;
- Lead, coach, and manage a team of staff;
- Process queries and analytical issues, particularly those relating to the Virtual Financial Assets Framework; and
- Undertake such other tasks as may be delegated by line management.
How to apply or query further information:
- We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in Law, Accountancy or in Banking and Finance related background or in any other Finance related qualification.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years working in the area of Financial Services Sector. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. Also, knowledge and/or experience in the field of information technology, crypto assets and their underlying technologies, would be considered an asset.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience in a similar related role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading.
The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.