Our client, specialising in Banking Services in Malta is seeking to recruit a Data Protection Officer to join their team on a full-time basis. The Data Protection Officer and will be reporting to the Head of Compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fulfil the obligations under the data protection regulatory framework;
- Ensure that all matters emanating from the GDPR (impacting upon the Group's operations) and the connected implementation project are adequately project managed into business as a usual mode;
- Provide consulting services for internal projects being implemented by the Data Controller / Processor - in order to ensure that the protection of client and staff identifiable data is given due consideration in all matters involving the collation/processing/updating/storage and erasure of records;
- Provide advice as a Data Controller with regards to the carrying out and/or monitoring of a Data Protection Impact Assessment;
- Inform and advise the data controller/processor entity and its employees of their obligations under GDPR;
- Monitor compliance with GDPR through the required updates to internal policies and procedures, raising awareness and conducting training for staff involved in processing operations and completion of audit exercises to certify adherence to GDPR on an ongoing basis;
- Cooperate with the supervisory authority – acting a central point of contact;
- Facilitate the access by the IDPC to documents and information for the performance of tasks such including but not limited to enforcement and monitoring of adherence to GDPR and submission of complaints;
- Handle directly with subject access requests, requests for amendment or deletion of data sets, requests for the right to be forgotten and the submission of breach reports to the regulatory body;
- Champion the ongoing development of a Compliance culture within the company by promoting adherence to policies, guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Responsible, organised, meticulous and able to handle tight deadlines;
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and interpersonal skills;
- Strong negotiating and relationship building.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Minimum of two years previous compliance experience – with sound knowledge of the local & EU regulatory tools implementing Data Protection requirements;
- Relevant qualification in financial services, compliance or financial/economic crime;
- Be computer literate with MS products and familiar with conducting research on the Internet.