Debono Group Holdings in Malta is looking to recruit a Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will take responsibility for managing the financials and accounts of the Group whilst ensuring that the financial reports are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
Debono Group is a long-established multifaceted group of companies whose primary aim is to achieve business growth through innovation. Debono Group is well renowned in the market for Michael Debono Limited, importer of Toyota in Malta and Storage Systems Limited, a one-stop shop for shelving and storage solutions in Malta and internationally. Debono Group is heavily focused on future mobility in Malta and strives to develop innovative concepts which facilitate the movement of goods and people in the local market.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will be responsible for:
- Financial planning and forecasting;
- Cash flow reporting;
- Analyzing the Group’s financial strengths and weaknesses whilst proposing corrective actions;
- Creating a capital structure;
- Recommending how the Group should manage its income and expenses;
- Conducting a cost-benefit analysis and obtaining funding as necessary; whilst also overseeing taxation issues. The CFO will be responsible for
- Setting financial policies;
- Implementing internal controls;
- Supporting the Group CEO in successfully meeting financial targets;
- Consolidating group management accounts;
- S/he shall ensure that the divisional financial controllers submit monthly management accounts in a timely manner and that they also submit audited accounts to MFSA in a timely manner;
- The selected candidate will carry out due diligence for new acquisitions and new projects whilst suggesting recommendations and will be an active stakeholder in the development of business plans for new acquisitions.
The ideal candidate shall support the team with annual financial audits and will be responsible for developing long term financial projections in line with the growth of the Group. S/he will develop feasibility studies for new acquisitions as well as develop, implement and update financial controls across the Group. The right candidate will be responsible for managing, mentoring and coaching a team of direct reports, whilst being involved in the maintenance of high performers, development of direct reports, development of culture and finally structure of the finance team and workforce planning.
Debono Group Holdings:
Debono Group Holdings: At the Debono Group we’ve been active in the mobility space since the early 1960s and in all that time we have always pushed to achieve business growth through innovation. Today our business has become so much more than just a Toyota dealership. We've today managed to bring together a dynamic and motivated team of local and international professionals from diverse fields to help us start shaping the future of mobility in Malta.
- The selected candidate will possess a qualification at MQF Level 6 or higher in accountancy with a minimum of 7 year’s experience in a senior finance management role, ideally within a similar industry;
- S/he must be a holder of a CPA warrant and must be familiar with Microsoft desktop operating systems and Microsoft office applications;
- The chosen candidate must possess business acumen and the ability to understand and work with financial data;
- Clean police conduct and willingness to travel are a must.