On behalf of their client, Cavendish Maine is looking to recruit a Risk & Compliance Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis. Their international technology trading client is now looking to bring outsourced risk and compliance responsibilities in the house. The role will be based in Malta and will act as the SME for all risk and compliance related matters on behalf of a regulated Investment Manager.
Reporting to CEO the focus of the role will include but not limited to:
- Their client is an international trading and technology firm with strong financial support. Office locations are Malta, London, New York & Chicago.
- Creation and ongoing maintenance of risk and compliance documentation;
- Liaise with regulators to ensure all regulatory obligations are met;
- Develop internal risk management processes in partnership with CEO;
- Work closely with the Portfolio Manager to ensure all risk monitoring activities;
- Horizon Scanning of all relevant regulations and industry developments;
- Assisting with Compliance Monitoring Programme & Risk Reviews;
- Preparing reports to the board.
- €35k – €42k plus bonus plus relocation (if applicable).
Since 1991 we have been providing expert recruitment services to a broad range of clients throughout the UK and internationally. As our business grew, we moved premises from Bristol to Portishead with close links to major motorways. Over time our ranks have swelled with specialist recruiters from other markets and we now offer sector-specific recruitment solutions to clients in accountancy, financial services, general insurance, healthcare, sales, marketing and the energy sector. As specialists, our teams have built a wealth of knowledge through long-standing relationships with clients and candidates and regular attendance at industry trade shows and events. We regularly meet our clients, interview candidates and in many cases attend industry training courses and some of our consultants are regular contributors to their industries’ trade publications and newsletters. This builds our credibility and knowledge within our markets and allows us to understand the dynamics, needs and drivers within our sectors. In addition to the experienced people who have joined us over the years, we have a great track record in developing our own “talent” and we all benefit from regular internal and external training and personal development programmes allowing us to develop to our true potential. We also have our own gym onsite and provide sessions with personal fitness instructors, sports massage and other therapies as well as regular enjoyable social events and “fun” activities for our people. Our environment is fast moving, dynamic and enjoyable and unusually for many companies, most of our people have been with us for over five years, many over ten years and a couple of us twenty years or more! We are forward-thinking, a robust business which has proven itself ready to adapt to the evolving needs of our clients and markets. The longevity of our business and staff (a rarity in the vast majority of the recruitment industry) is a testament to that.
- 1-2 years of experience within a regulated compliance function;
- Knowledge of regulations and procedures;
- A methodical approach to recording information and evidence;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of data protection guidelines would be an advantage;
- The individual will need to be approved as Risk Officer with MSFA within c6 months.