Job Vacancy: Chief Financial Officer
Debono Group Malta currently championing a number of new mobility initiatives that look to improve the way goods and people move around. Following on from the successful launch of Malta’s first car sharing offering –GoTo – and the deployment of the related EV charging infrastructure, we are now looking forward to delivering another first for Malta.
With this project in mind, they are looking to recruit a Chief Financial Officer
to take responsibility for the finance function and improve cost-efficiencies for this new and exciting venture in the field of future mobility.
Based in Malta and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with a dotted line to the Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO):
- The ideal candidate will be particularly active in the analysis of financial findings and propose recommendations which make operational and strategic sense and add value to the business;
- S/he will also be responsible for developing management accounts on a monthly basis, carrying out audits as required and liaising with the operational leads and the CEO in the development of financial budgets and projections.
- The selected candidate shall be a fully qualified accountant in possession of a CPA warrant or in the process of, holding a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership finance role;
- S/he will not be afraid to challenge the status quo and will be proactive in suggesting recommendations which positively impact the financial outcome of the business as long as these make operational sense;
- The chosen candidate will be highly proficient in the use of Excel and accounting programmes, be attentive to detail, accurate, well-organised, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadline and an effective communicator.
Our vision is to add more sustainable companies that create real value to customers and shareholders. We are an entrepreneurial organisation that cares for society and safeguards the environment. Our dedication is towards delivering superior customer experience, innovative and creative solutions and continuously improve our processes to the benefit of all stakeholders.