Eyetech Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Field Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis. The Field Engineer is responsible for remote and onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware;
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc;
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions;
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security;
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix;
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations;
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction;
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively;
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels;
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed on outages, etc;
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals;
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalogue and how it relates to customer’s needs;
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities;
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs;
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process;
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University;
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise;
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP;
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer care;
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues;
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly;
- Technical awareness: the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately;
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided;
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services;
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Eyetech has been providing IT services to a number of clients, both large and small, since 2002. We pride ourselves on our motto; “We Manage IT” Whatever your requirements in the world of IT are, rest assured that we at Eyetech can do it expertly and cost-effectively. We are a team of over 28 people with years of hands-on experience in all the various aspects of Information Technology and how it should be integrated into the business. Our team is a Microsoft Gold Partner with Cloud Platform and Cloud Productivity Competencies, being a testament to our philosophy of putting the client’s needs first. Our aim is to recommend, build and maintain excellent IT systems so that your time is not wasted in fixing or maintaining them, rather spent using the systems and growing your company’s productivity. We are proud of our commitment to offering excellent service and in order to continue doing so, we invest heavily in training ourselves in everything IT related, so that as our competence grows, your peace of mind grows too.