As the Events Executive, you will ensure that clients and guests receive a pleasant and efficient personalized service, through constant co-ordination with other departments so as to ensure the proper welfare of guests when in-house. The Events Executive will also be responsible to manage the department in the absence of the Assistant and Events Manager.
- To ensure that a high standard of liaison is maintained with all departments.
- Present Marketing plan ideas to the Events Manager and following up on all promos.
- To ensure a pro-active sales attitude and to be aware of sales opportunities outside and within the hotel.
- To actively contribute towards achieving Revenue Plan objectives.
- To co-ordinate events happening in-house and ensure smooth operation between all concerned departments
- Provide all information and guidance for the client in order to obtain accurate event specifications.
- Conduct pre and post-event meetings with clients including hosting and showgrounds of the venues.
- Follow up on tenders, attend site inspections and report in a detailed manner to the Events Manager
- Participate at the annual Weddings Fair and any other ‘open days’
- Monitor event billing in liaison with the accounts department.
- Engage in networking events to enhance client database and promote
- To be aware of and adhere to the policies and procedures.
Requirements & Experience
- Have solid proven experience selling/organizing weddings/social events
- Very well organised and smart in appearance.
- Be fluent in Maltese, English and another European language
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working experience and exposure in a hotel environment would be considered an asset
- Marketing skills would be considered an asset
- Have excellent knowledge of Opera Sales and Catering
- Have strong negotiation, communications, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Currently living in Malta
Job Reference IG055