AX The Palace in Malta is looking to recruit an Events Coordinator to join their team on a full-time basis.
To ensure that clients and guests receive a pleasant and efficient personalized service, through constant co-ordination with other departments so as to ensure the proper welfare of guests when in-house.
- Ensures administrative work is up-to-date and maintains updated records in the operating system;
- To develop and maintain a high level of communication and effective relations with colleagues and clients;
- To ensure that a high standard of liaison is maintained with all departments;
- To ensure a pro-active sales attitude and to be aware of sales opportunities outside and within the hotel;
- Assist to upsell on rooms, F&B and any other revenue-generating product;
- Staying updated on the markets’ needs, trends and behaviour changes in order to adopt proactive and not reactive strategies;
- To actively contribute towards achieving Revenue Plan objectives;
- To ensure that all refused business is recorded with reasons of refusal;
- To monitor customer feedback;
- To collect information and build a database of guests’ (bookers and residents) history;
- To co-ordinate events happening in-house;
- Ensure to meet the hotels’ customer service standards, in a profitable manner;
- Provide all information and guidance for the client in order to obtain accurate event specifications;
- Conduct pre and post-event meetings with clients including hosting and showgrounds of the hotel’s venues;
- Co-ordinate promotions sent to our e-mail database;
- Participate at the annual Weddings Fair and any other ‘open days’ happening at the hotels’ venues;
- Issue Event Quotes and follows up accordingly;
- Produce Event Orders to be distributed to all relevant department heads;
- Coordinate all details for the organization of upcoming events (ex. Welcome boards, personalized menus, table place names, table plans, etc.)
- Monitor event billing in liaison with the accounts department;
- Possess basic knowledge of:
- Audio/visual equipment operation;
- Conference and banqueting set-ups;
- Food and beverage know-how.
- Developing new contacts with business suppliers and consolidating with all other bookers;
- Ensuring that the Hotel’s overall standards are retained;
- To be aware of and adhere to the department’s and hotel’s policies and procedures;
- To assist in all aspects of the Hotel operation.
AX The Palace:
The Palace Hotel in Sliema is one of the top 5 star hotels in Malta. It is highly rated for its 5-star services, exquisite cuisine, and impeccable organization and surroundings. The Palace provides top services and facilities. The Palace is an eco-leading efficient high-class hotel in Malta. It adopts a modern façade that attracts travellers and locals alike. As soon as you enter one of the top Sliema hotels in Malta, you are greeted by a world of luxury, exquisite accommodation and excellence in service.
- At least have a minimum of 1-year selling/organizing weddings/social events;
- Very well organized and smart in appearance;
- Be fluent in Maltese, English and another European language;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Working experience and exposure in a hotel and/or F&B environment will be an advantage;
- Computer literacy;
- Excellent knowledge of Opera Sales and Catering will be an advantage;
- Have strong negotiation, communications, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays.