Environment Resources Authority in Malta is looking to recruit an Environment Technical Officer II to join their team on a full-time basis.
The overall purpose of the job is to provide technical support to the Unit in fulfilling its functions and responsibilities and to promote and sustain a service culture, which meets the expectations of the clients of the Environment & Resources Authority.
The Main Responsibilities are:
- General assistance to Environment Officers, including the collation of data and other necessary preliminary work, in carrying out the functions of the Unit;
- Liaison, including correspondence with the general public in connection with the Unit’s services or functions, including dealing with enquiries;
- Implementing surveillance and monitoring needs, through site visits and reporting;
- Assisting with site visits for data collection;
- Assisting Environment Officers in fieldwork as required;
- Assisting Environment Officers and other immediate superiors in preparing and implementing plans, policies, reports, and documents on matters relating to administration, management, sampling, and surveillance and monitoring, planning and formulation of action plans;
- Assisting in the setting up and maintenance of necessary databases and registers, and carrying out the necessary surveys and data collection and analysis;
- Assisting in the preparation and implementation of scientific and technical studies, plans, policies, reports, documents and advice relating to any environmental issue on matters concerned with the functions of the Unit;
- Attending public meetings, exhibitions or other functions to assist senior staff, and assisting in public awareness activities;
- Interpreting of measures necessary to be taken for the protection of the environment, according to the Unit the Environment Technician is assigned to, and liaising with other relevant Units within ERA on matters of mutual concern;
- Making use of information technology tools to formulate reports, present data, and input data, plot data on digital maps and communicate internally with other officers through IT;
- Carrying out related subsidiary and ancillary tasks within the normal flexibility of the job as directed by the Unit Manager or other Senior Officer to which the Environment Technician is assigned;
- Handling data with the strictest confidentiality where necessary;
- Assisting in maintenance, servicing, and continuity of operation of environmental monitoring networks, analyzers, calibration systems, meteorological sensors and data processing equipment operated by ERA;
- Assisting Environment Officers in performing periodic quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) work including equipment adjustment and calibration following a predetermined schedule;
- Carrying out of general maintenance duties and repairs on environmental monitoring equipment operated by ERA.
Job Entry Requirements / Qualifications:
- Four (4) ‘O’ Levels including Maltese, Maths and English and either a Science Subject or Geography (MQF Level 3 Sec Grades 1-5);
- One (1) ‘A’ Level in a Science Subject or Geography (MQF Level 4);
- Two (2) years working experience in the field of Environment; and
- Possess a Category B driving license.
- Interpersonal, report writing, communication, and data collection and analysis skills;
- Preferably computer literate.
*In case of foreign qualifications, a recognition certificate from NCFHE is to be submitted for the application to be taken into consideration.
Interested candidates are advised to submit their application, together with a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of their qualifications by noon of Friday, 10th July 2020, (CET).
Environment & Resources Authority:
The Environment and Resources Authority shall safeguard the environment to achieve a sustainable quality of life. As the national regulator on the environment, we shall also maintain consultation with stakeholders so as to promote and instill sound environmental management.