Our client, who is located in Gozo, would like to engage a Projects & Technical & Design Engineer
(The below mentioned set of tasks indicate all tasks that fall under the job description but will not be handled simultaneously at any one point in time)
- Design and aid in the manufacture of all products and tools
- Design and assist with new and existing products for customers
- Support the management team on technical matters as required
- Support the Process Owner for the design process and support in new product development
- Use of 2D/3D CAD to prepare all product drawings
- Support all R&D and Technical activities
- Investigate & understand emerging technologies to support future manufacturing capabilities.
- Liaise with group application engineers to develop new products
- Train the sales force on how to sell the product, creating marketing materials that communicate product features, and developing the marketing tools and campaigns to attract new prospects and customers
- Coordinate with R&D department, help the new Product Development groups in order to develop strategies for new products
- Provide manufacturing support for all activities in the product development process
- Prepare project timelines and identify all resources required and evaluate the financial feasibility for manufacturing
- Monitor status of all new products and ensure effective execution of projects according to required policies, procedures and customer requirements
- Prepare plans for projects and coordinate with all stakeholders to ensure good quality product
- Coordinate with engineering management and develop a Manufacturing Implementation Plan for products
- Assist Manufacturing department and manage communication across all departments.
- Monitor function of product and evaluate designs to ensure adherence to all design and manufacturing principles, until serial production, after which the responsibility falls under manufacturing and process engineering.
- Work with design engineering and assist in transition of design prototypes into cost efficient serial production.
- Provide technical support to Materials Management team for all RFP initiatives and administer effective use of outsource resources.
- Develop and implement efficient material handling, flow strategies and maintain safe and manufacturing processes at all times
- Analyse and recommend corrective action in case of any design failure
- Coordinate the successful execution of the Prototype, PAPP and Run-at-Rate
Education and Experience
- Be a qualified Mechanical Engineer but an Electrical Engineer will also be considered
- Having some years of experience is preferred but a fresh graduate will also be considered
- Having experience in Manufacturing will be considered as an asset
- Having Project Management experience will be given preference
- Be meticulous
- Be a good team player
- Be creative
- Have good communication skills
Reference - SY023