Baxter (Malta) Trading Company Ltd is looking to recruit an R&D Lab Engineer/Associate
to join their team on a full-time basis.
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Validate the functional tests methods for SPO (Sustaining Product Organization) and NPD (New Product Development) activities across business units;
- Design studies and interpret results;
- Under supervision, compile reports and analysis in written and graphic form, describing observations and results of studies.
- Design protocols and interprets results to validate functional test methods;
- Organize and perform Test Method Validation activities;
- Critically review, understand and interpret test protocols and testing plans to verify product requirements;
- Perform and record the verification and validation tests (NPD & SPO) across the different business units;
- Screen new ideas, perform studies for container and closure system development;
- Be innovative with new cutting edge technologies on test methods and on test equipment;
- Reliably carry out procedures in an accurate and repeatable manner;
- Review results in lab notebooks and in any form of data handling system as required by established procedures;
- Adhere to the Quality Systems and ensure GLP/GDP compliance;
- Effectively present info and study results to pertinent organization staff members;
- Through close communication and collaboration with other functions, write TMV protocols dealing with product development;
- Maintain a high degree of scientific and engineering knowledge;
- Maintain a safe and orderly work environment. Identify and prevents hazards which could result in injuries or accidents;
- Teach and supervise temporary employees in tasks of responsibility;
- Stay up-to-date on the manipulation of testing equipment (Tensile tests, Measurement equipment, sterilization equipment, etc,…)
- Ensure all operations comply with Quality standards set by the corporation and relevant key authorities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Able to communicate in English and interact with multi-functional project team members;
- Able to statistically interpret test results and compile reports to validate all the functional tests methods;
- Knowledge of the engineering principles involved in projects and tasks assigned;
- Able to compile report and analysis in written and graphic form, describing observations and results of studies.
- Background: Degree in Engineering (Biomedical, mechanical or materials) or related scientific subjects;
- Experience in a similar role will be considered an asset;
- Field of expertise: Laboratory Functional/Mechanical testing, statistics.