Baxter (Malta) Trading Company Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Principal Engineer (R&D)
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate is to display standard engineering principles to resolve difficult problems, from conception to final design with team input;
- Plan, schedule and leads project assignments in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of various engineering techniques, procedures and criteria with minimal guidance.
The incumbent will perform other duties as assigned.
- With minimal guidance, the principal engineer schedules and leads a team through the planning and execution of a project. This includes constructing detailed, accurate project schedules, interfacing with development groups and technical support groups;
- Devises new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles;
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Supervises/coordinates an Snr Engineer/Engineer and/or technicians on assigned work;
- In order to keep up to date with procedures relating to product development, the Principal R&D Engineer shall be expected to develop new products or sustain the existing product portfolio;
- Ensure that the right choices are being made with regards to material choice, overall set design and supplier selection within the Baxter operation;
- Be knowledgeable of various manufacturing processes such as assembly, extrusion and moulding;
- Work towards meeting the intended use of the product in the various countries of sales, as applicable to the project s/he is leading;
- Work towards developing/sustaining a product in accordance with Baxter’s defined Quality and Regulatory standards;
- Be responsible for finalizing any reports/presentations related to his projects and any other necessary reports as the need arises;
- Responsible for the development and guidance through projects of R&D personnel;
- Responsible for the assignment of project activities within his/her project team, in order to meet committed milestones and project objectives.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
- Possess a Degree in Engineering;
- Have 5 - 8 years related experience;
- Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside the primary area of expertise;
- Ability to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods;
- Effectively operate in and may facilitate cross-functional teams with guidance;
- Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter (Malta) Trading Company Ltd:
At Baxter, we believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We focus each day on delivering transformative innovations that bring smarter, more personalized care to all of us. We work at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the physicians, nurses and pharmacists who make it happen. We are committed to improving outcomes for patients, and helping our partners meet the evolving challenges and opportunities in healthcare around the world. Learn more about our diverse specialities.