Marine and Industrial Consultancy Services Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Naval Architect/Marine Surveyor
to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Calculate ship and yacht intact and damage stability;
- Undertake and review structural design calculations to class/code requirements in support of vessel new build, retrofits and modifications;
- Prepare clear and concise reports / technical notes to issue directly to clients;
- Participate in design review meetings to assure that technical objectives are being achieved;
- Will also be trained to perform Ship and Yacht Survey.
- BEng (Hons), MEng or MSc (or equivalent) in Naval Architecture, Ship Science, Mechanical or Structural Engineering or similar;
- A solid engineering background, with demonstrable knowledge of the vessel's structure, enabling effective technical solutions for clients;
- Wide knowledge of Classification Society and IMO rules and regulations;
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, RHINO and Maxsurf and expert knowledge of specialist software for structural calculations;
- Experience in the Super Yacht industry is advantageous;
- Travelling will be required.
The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the right candidate.
Marine and Industrial Consultancy Services Ltd:
MICS was established in Malta by Ing. Paul L. Cardona who began his surveying practice in 1980. Being involved with marine construction projects as far back as 1974, when he was in charge of the building specifications and drawing approval of the motor yacht “Pegasus IV” which at the time was the largest yacht built. In 1995 MICS was registered as a limited liability Company, which has remained heavily involved in Maritime and Yachting Industries, which includes Engineering, Naval Architecture, Surveying, Consulting and Yacht Coding activities. MICS provides a comprehensive range of professional service to Yacht and Super-Yacht Owners, Managers, Ship-Yards, Designers, Underwriters, Legal Firms, Financial Institutions, and Flag-State Administrations. All our technical staff holds warrants to Practices their Profession and are all members of relevant Professional Institutions. Furthermore, we hold a number of appointments by Flag State Administrations and Classifications Societies. Our Surveyors are appointed by Transport Malta as Government Surveyors of Ships in terms of the Merchant Shipping Act Cap.234. MICS Surveyors carry a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field which has been acquired over many years of working in the industry. MICS are internationally considered to be the leading experts for coding of yachts to the Transport Malta - Commercial Yacht Code and the local Commercial Vessel Regulations. MICS are appointed as Flag State Inspectors and Auditors to white flag Administrations, as well as, Deputy Registrars to The Cook Islands Administration. This appointment allows us to handle all Statutory Surveys and Registration activities on behalf of Maritime Cook Islands. MICS limited is based in Malta. Being well situated and connected in the hub of the Mediterranean gives MICS the advantage and benefit to effectively deliver our services throughout Europe and the World.