One of our clients is seeking to recruit a Director of Studies on a full-time basis as part of their growth strategy.
Being amongst the first English Language Schools in Malta, licensed by the Education Department, Accredited Founder member of FELTOM and ISO9001 certified, the school prides itself on a high standard of teaching English as a foreign language.
- Possess a first degree in English and/or Delta from Cambridge or Trinity Diploma in Tesol and/or Linguistic Degree or equivalent qualification, from a recognized university in English Language Teaching;
- Have significant related experience of which at least three years in a similar post;
- Be in possession of a Teacher’s Warrant;
- Meet all conditions as set out by the English as a Foreign Language Board of the Ministry of Education, Malta pertinent to such a position;
- Possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience in school management or curriculum development an asset;
- Knowledge of school-related budgeting, maintenance, and operations;
- Experience in supervising and training new and existing employees.
- Arrange English Language induction for new teachers and students;
- Deliver lessons and demonstration classes on a regular basis;
- Ensure effective scheduling of classes, extra-curricular activities, and events;
- Assess academic staff’s performance and provide constructive feedback together with developmental plans and testing and implementing new products and courses;
- Work closely with the Institute’s Director General and other supervisors within the Institute.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Strong leadership with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to interface effectively with various departments and external contacts;
- Ability to effectively organize time and workload to meet deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality;
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, and Access).