The American University of Malta is looking to recruit a Systems Administrator
to join their team on a full-time basis. The AUM System Administrator
is responsible for the IT Operations, monitoring of system performance and for the configuration of new software and hardware. The job holder possesses excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with various operating systems. The right candidate will ensure that the University software, hardware, servers and networks run smoothly.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
Skills & Experience:
- Maintain current system and network availability all day;
- Maintain a high level of security on our servers through access controls, backups and firewalls;
- Implement new technologies to improve services provided to users;
- Provide a full plan for the requirement and needs of the IT department;
- Write documentation for the IT infrastructure and keep it updated;
- Follow IT policies and suggest changes as per the business needs;
- Keep an IT inventory updated;
- Procuring new IT requirement needed based on the policies;
- Provide end-user support for the users (Staff and students).
American University of Malta:
The American University of Malta educates a diverse student body to become ethically responsible global citizens, critical thinkers, and future leaders in an academically challenging learning environment. AUM strives constantly to innovate and enhance quality in teaching, research, public service and economic development. The American University of Malta is a private, American-style liberal arts university dedicated to higher education and research for an international community at the highest standard. Our degree programs, research activities, and service to the community transform lives and serve society by educating ethically knowledgeable citizens, creating knowledge, and putting knowledge to work in a global setting.
- Good experience in Hyper-V clustering environment
- Good experience in switching and wireless networking
- Experience in managing firewalls and security
- Knowledge in web services and web hosting
- Basic knowledge in cloud environment AWS
- Good Experience in troubleshooting systems (Windows 10)
- Excellent communication skills.