EF International Language School Malta is looking to recruit an Academic Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. As an Academic Manager
, you assume overall responsibility for the academic program at one of our EF summer schools. This role includes providing oversight, management and coaching to your team of EFL teachers, through regular in-classroom observations and feedback sessions. This is a high-energy role for a strong leader and manager, someone who gets energy from providing tools, training and guidance to our ESL Teachers so that they can deliver fun, engaging and successful learning experiences. You'll guide our teachers in changing peoples lives!
- Setting up the school and physically ensuring all classrooms meet EF specifications, and are maintained throughout the season;
- Allocating teachers and classrooms to groups of students, and playing a ‘hands on’ role in allocating students into classes on the first days in school;
- Managing academic stock including exam papers, certificates and equipment and making sure the teaching team has the required stock;
- Managing all teaching staff at your Center, and working together with other Senior Staff to ensure full integration of teaching staff into a team;
- Coordinating timetables for all academic groups, and keeping up to date in EF’s production system;
- Collating and reviewing academic paperwork, and inputting data into the system;
- Dealing with problems and emergency situations should they arise;
- Delivering initial teacher briefing, daily and weekly meetings;
- Teacher observations, feedback and development.
EF International Language School:
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education. Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
- Face-to-face TEFL (eg. CELTA, minimum 100 hours);
- Minimum of six months’ teaching experience or one summer teaching for EF;
- Enthusiastic organised and a natural leader;
- Is business-minded with a strong sense of customer service and attention to detail;
- Applicants must have a valid working permit;
- Complete fluency in English;
- Attend a Senior Staff Training May 18th-19th 2019.