EF International Language School, Malta is currently looking for all year round English Teachers (St. Julian's Adult International School) to join their team on a part-time basis. In this role, you will plan, prepare and deliver the EF academic programme through structured and interactive lessons and ensure a high level of customer service and student satisfaction.
Your key tasks will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Facilitating testing during the course, including marking tests.
- Assigning and correcting weekly homework.
- Lesson planning and preparation before each class.
- Teaching classes every weekday following the EF methodology.
- Classroom management.
- Daily liaising with co-teacher to discuss progress & on-going lessons.
- Monitoring daily attendance and keeping up to date records and paperwork.
- Attending all teacher meetings.
- Ensuring the EF behaviour code is followed by students at all times and informing management immediately if any issues or problems arise.
- Dealing with problems and emergency situations should this be necessary.
Possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Enthusiastic, organised and a natural leader.
- Highly responsible, approachable and friendly.
- Have the ability to create a positive learning environment.
- Have the right to live and work in Malta.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Attend training prior to your contract commencing.
EF International Language School:
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education. EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference check. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Located across the globe, our language centres for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students travelling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centres in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in a local host family or in a student residence.
- TEFL Certificate &
- TELT (OR English A level, minimum grade C).
- *Cert.TESOL/CELTA qualification preferable.