Valhmor Borg Import/Export Ltd in Malta is currently looking for a Delivery Person
to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Valhmor Borg Import/Export Ltd would like to reassure you that despite these very challenging times, we are taking all necessary precautions whilst providing a safe working environment for all our employees.
The Delivery Person
forms part of the Distribution and Warehousing Department of Valhmor Borg Import/Export Limited (VBIE). VBIE believes that the role of a Delivery Person
is important to its business strategy especially when it comes to customer retention. The chosen candidate has constant contact with internal customers through deliveries at Miracle Foods Retail Shops. Additionally, you will sup also supply VBIE esteemed clientele, and thus his/her demeanor portrays the image of the company.
- Drives trucks/vans in an orderly manner to deliver items such as food supplies;
- Loads/Unloads, prepare and inspect trucks/vans in a systematic and organized fashion before and after starting the route plan;
- Collects payments upon delivery from external customers or get the invoice signed according to the client’s account status – if the account status on Invoice is changed to ‘Credit’, signatures have to be on all copies and rubber stamped accordingly;
- Listens and attempts to resolve internal and/or external customers’ complaints or queries regarding products or services;
- Follows attentively any written and/or verbal instructions from his/her direct superior;
- Verifies the contents of inventory loads against the provided invoices;
- Be able to read and follow a geographical map book;
- Plan, organize and follow in a systematic manner the route plan;
- Have a strong sense of time management in order to complete all scheduled deliveries by the end of business day;
- Ensures safety procedures are adhered to by maintaining cleanliness;
- Strict adherence to company confidentiality and professionalism;
- Attends training programs as instructed by the company, during or outside office hours.
- General good standard of education up to Secondary Level;
- Possess a valid and clean ‘C’ driving license;
- Good Police Conduct;
- Self-motivated, well-organized, good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to work on own initiative and meet deadlines;
- Applying a positive attitude of ‘can do’, ‘right the first time’, ‘speed’, and ‘passion’.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this taxonomy. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This Job Description may be changed from time to time according to Company exigencies in which case, employees will be notified accordingly. In, addition, it is expected that employees carry out their duties efficiently and always promote good team spirit. Confidential Company information should always be handled with the utmost discretion.
Valhmor Borg Import/Export Ltd:
Valhmor Borg started operating in 1974 and the main activity of this business is importing fresh and frozen foodstuffs as well as wines. These foodstuffs range from dairy, desserts, poultry to meats and the business stocks in excess of 2000 SKU’s. The products are then sold to the HORECA sector through the use of a temperature controlled fleet of 25 refrigerated trucks. Moreover, Valhmor Borg, through Marsa Cold Stores Limited (also a group company) has a refrigerated storage capacity of over 2500 pallets. The Group purchased this entity in 2011 and through the use of various group synergies enabled the business to grow further over the past few years.