Malta Retail Ltd is looking to recruit an experienced Delivery Driver
to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Malta Retail Ltd would like to reassure you that despite these very challenging times, we are taking all necessary precautions whilst providing a safe working environment for all our employees.
The Delivery Drive
r reports directly to the Store Manager, Assistant Store Managers, and Store Supervisors.
Purpose and goals of this position:
Areas of Responsibility and Duties:
- Delivering a great customer experience;
- Working as a team with your colleagues;
- Keeping the store safe;
- Performing all tasks as instructed by the Store Management team;
- Complying with the Employee Code of Conduct Policy.
The Delivery Driver is responsible for the following areas of responsibilities in agreement with the superior:
- Drives trucks/vans in an orderly manner to deliver items such as food supplies;
- Loads/unloads, prepare and inspect trucks/vans in a systematic and organized fashion before and after starting the route plan;
- Collects payments upon delivery from external customers or get the invoice signed according to the client’s account status – if the account status on Invoice is changed to ‘Credit’, signatures have to be on all copies and rubber-stamped accordingly;
- Listens and attempts to resolve internal and/or external customers' complaints or queries regarding products or service;
- Follows attentively any written and/or verbal instructions from his/her direct superior;
- Verifies the contents of inventory loads against the provided invoices;
- Be able to read and follow a geographical map book;
- Plan, organize and follow in a systematic manner the route plan;
- Have a strong sense of time management in order to complete all scheduled deliveries by the end of business day;
- Ensures safety procedures are adhered to by maintaining cleanliness.
Malta Retail Ltd:
Founded in 1932, SPAR has grown to become the world’s largest grocery chain. SPAR is an acronym of a Dutch phrase, ‘Door Eendrachtig Samenwerken Profiteren Allen Regelmatig’, which means ‘We all benefit from joint cooperation’. As the name implies, the SPAR concept is about getting wholesalers and retailers partnered up to deliver the best prices possible to consumers without compromising on quality and freshness where everyone stands to benefit. Adriaan Van Well – the founder of SPAR – used the fir tree as part of the SPAR logo – a logo which has become recognisable all over the world.
- The chosen candidate must have experience as a 'Delivery Driver';
- Must have licence B.