AX Sunny Coast Resort & Spa in Malta is looking to recruit a Day/Night Receptionist to join their team on a full-time basis.
To ensure a high level of consistent service to all AX Sunny Coast Resort guests, maintaining communication between departments and conveying all guest feedback. Promote all hotel outlets & activities.
- Know the standards and put them into practice in his/her daily work, thus actively pursuing the hotel’s objectives;
- Become familiar with all work sequences within the Front Office Department and room types;
- Be available for guests at all times as a point of contact and co-responsibility for appropriate treatment of guest complaints, passing on and documenting such complaints;
- Maintain regular contact with in- house guests;
- Check-in / Check-out Procedures;
- Contact arrivals and ensure their satisfaction – action any feedback in the correct way and as per standards required;
- Take over from Day/Night Front Office Agent noting all necessary information, get updated on all situations that occurred during the day such as VIPs in house and also check on all pending arrivals/checkouts;
- Ensure that accurate records of wake-up calls, guest messages are maintained;
- Promote all Hotel Sales and in-house facilities;
- Ensure that full night audit systems procedures are carried out and all reports are issued and distributed accordingly;
- Handling of cash, provide a good filing system, accurate end of shift hand over;
- Maintain the supplies and appearance of the Reception & Lobby in line with standards;
- Acceptance and passing on of the wishes of guests to the corresponding departments/persons;
- To be flexible in working hours according to the department requirements;
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your manager;
- Meets any other request given by the House Manager/Operations Manager or General Manager.
- A good standard of education;
- Be computer literate;
- Has experience working with a hotel system; knowledge of Opera will be considered as an advantage;
- Has previous working experience in Front of House operations such as Check-in and Check-out;
- Fluency in English; another European language will be considered as an advantage;
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and take decisions when not supervised;
- Willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays;
- Team worker and takes initiative.
*Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV together with a covering letter.
AX Sunny Coast Resort & Spa:
The Sunny Coast Resort & Spa is one of the hotels in Malta situated in the northern part of the island, almost touching the coastline with spectacular views of the picturesque bay. The Sunny Coast Resort & Spa also happens to be one of the most popular spa hotels in Qawra, a dynamic village and magical place, brimming with beaches, rocks, shops, café’s, bars and many restaurants. Staying guests just love exploring around and walking along its first-rate promenade especially in the early evenings. Qawra can easily eat up a day without you even knowing, hence why it has now been recreated into a golden destination rather than just your average location. The property is comfortable, spacious and welcoming; a 4-star hotel that without a doubt offers the best self-catering accommodation Malta has to offer. The hotel boasts a sizeable external pool where you can enjoy relaxing at the Lido with ample sunbed and umbrella use, as well as a heated indoor pool for the winter season. To make it easier for you to pick where to stay in Malta, the Sunny Coast hotel offers full spa & fitness facilities which include three Jacuzzis, a sauna, a massage room, a hair salon and even a squash court for every visitor to enjoy, making it one of the leading Qawra hotels around.