HWS Technologies Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Database Administrator to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Database Administrator is a part of a highly collaborative, driven team providing support to one of the largest sportswear manufacturers in Europe. Solid working knowledge of standard IT methodologies and processes is necessary to succeed in this role, including keeping a pulse on systems such as Linux and Windows. While this position is based in Malta, the hired applicant may be provided with adequate training in Germany as part of their induction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Experience and Skill Set Required:
- Monitoring databases, alerts, and tickets;
- Working on incidents, changes and service requests;
- Carrying out planned activities during specific time widow;
- User management at Oracle and MSSQL databases;
- Database refresh, database creation at Oracle and MSSQL;
- Documentation of tasks.
- Must be willing to work in rotating shifts to provide 24/7 support;
- 1-2 years of related work experience preferably in an IT Service Desk environment;
- Experience using ITSM Ticketing tools (e.g. Service Now) to manage and track incidents preferred;
- Successfully completed IT training or other recognised certifications;
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems as well as VMware, and Active Directory;
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent follow-up and communication skills are essential.
*If the above description sounds like you, send your letter of application (motivation letter, CV, certificates). Don't forget to state your expected salary and your earliest entry date.
HWS Technologies Ltd:
The companies of HWS Group offer a wide range of services while specializing in the performance of highly-qualified IT services, particularly in the B2B sector. Customized IT solutions in the areas of outsourcing, monitoring, and software development are its core business. Customers of HWS Group range from small enterprises to notable, internationally operating corporations.